STATEMENT OF FAITH
Life Church Parramatta believes in and presents the following basic truths.
(1) The Bible is the only inspired, infallible and authoritative written Word of God.
(2) There is one God, eternally existent in three persons, God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
(3) In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in his virgin birth, in his sinless life, in his miracles, in his vicarious and atoning death, in his bodily resurrection in his ascension to the right hand of the Father, in his personal future return to this earth in power and glory to rule.
(4) In the blessed hope – the rapture of the church at Christ’s coming; in the resurrection of the saved to everlasting life, and the lost will rise to everlasting damnation.
(5) Humanity is totally depraved and condemned to eternal death due to sin. The only means of being cleansed from sin is through repentance from sin, faith in Jesus Christ and the cleansing power of His precious blood.
(6) Regeneration, an internal transforming work of the Holy Spirit, is absolutely essential for personal salvation, which enables renewal, restoration and growth.
(7) In the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a holy life.
(8) The baptism of the Holy Spirit, according to Acts 2:4, is given to believers following salvation, for empowerment to witness and serve Jesus Christ more effectively.
(9) In the present-day reality of the supernatural operation of the gifts of the Holy Spirit.
(10) The redemptive work of Christ on the cross includes healing of the sick, a privilege provided for in Christ’s atonement, in accordance with God’s sovereign purposes, and in His sovereign timing.
(11) In the observance of the Christian ordinances of water baptism by immersion for believers, and the Lord’s Supper.
(12) The regular and systematic giving, as taught in the scriptures and in obedience to God, is a part of our worship.
(13) Church government by apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors, teachers, elders and deacons, according to Ephesians 4:11-15